THE BROWSER YOU ARE USING IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED
It is recommended that if you can, that you choose and install a modern browser. Modern browsers are free of charge and installation normally takes only a few minutes. If you are unable to install a modern browser yourself, then please ask your local IT provider for assistance with this process.
Why are we recommending you upgrade your web browser? Modern browsers include support for new technologies that enable better user experiences and increase speed. Most importantly, modern browsers include fixes that resolve security issues, helping keep you safe online.
Who uses ePortfolio?
The NHS ePortfolio is used by a number of different medical and health care organisations
in the UK and abroad either as part of a training programme and/or as part of professional
development. These different versions of ePortfolio, sometimes referred to as “sites”,
support a rapidly expanding number of health professionals’ achievement, reflection
Who can have an ePortfolio account?
In most cases ePortfolio accounts are created for users by their affiliated training
body (such as a Royal College or a Medical School) when entering a training programme.
At present it is not possible to have an ePortfolio account unless you are associated
with one of the below listed organisations. Note that other Royal Colleges may have
their own e-portfolio systems.
What type of ePortfolio users are there?
There are three main types (roles) of users in the ePortfolio system: trainees (sometimes
referred to as Users, Participants, or Students), supervisors (for example Tutors
or Programme Directors), and administrators. External Assessors are users who have
performed a ticketed assessment for a trainee and have chosen to create an assessor
log in (“Keep a record”).
It is not uncommon for some users to have multiple roles, often between different
versions, for example you may be a clinical supervisor for foundation trainees,
an educational supervisor for specialty trainees and an external assessor; or an
Administrator may be able to edit posts for more than one set of trainees.
Which versions of ePortfolio are currently in use?
- Foundation Programme – Historic access for Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Malta only (www.foundationprogramme.nhs.uk)
- Royal College of Physicians (JRCPTB, www.jrcptb.org.uk)
- Royal College of Emergency Medicine (www.rcem.ac.uk)
- Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (www.fsrh.org)
- Defence Medical Services (www.gov.uk/defence-medical-services)
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (www.ficm.ac.uk)
- Specialty Training in Family Medicine, Malta (ehealth.gov.mt/)
Medical schools (Undergraduate Medical ePortfolio, UMeP)
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School (www.bsms.ac.uk)
- Keele University Medical School (www.keele.ac.uk/health/schoolofmedicine)
- Oxford University Medical School (www.ox.ac.uk/)
- Queens University Belfast School of Medicine (www.qub.ac.uk/schools/mdbs)
- University College London Medical School (www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool)
- University of Bristol Medical School (www.bristol.ac.uk/medical-school)
- University of Buckingham Medical School (www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicine)
- University of Dundee School of Medicine (medicine.dundee.ac.uk)
- University of Glasgow Medical School (www.gla.ac.uk/schools/medicine)
- University of Leicester Medical School (www2.le.ac.uk/departments/medicine)
- Warwick Medical School (www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/med/)
Scotland only (www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/education-and-training)